Today marks an exciting day in my lending practices at Kiva. I got my first payments back!! I'm so excited to have $3.00 in credit to apply towards July's loan. Plus I believe I have one more payment coming July 1 so I should have a little over $3 to put towards my next loan. Eventually I hope to have enough people paying me back that it will be a self funded endevour, and will only cost me the 15% donation to Kiva each month. Of course, this is going to take a bout two years to reach given my current rate of lending. Maybe I'll have to bump it up to two loans per month :) I know I've already done two this month, but I was so excited today when I found a loan to give in the 'health' sector. Those seem to be few and far in between so I try to catch them when I can. Unfortunately for me (and fortunately for her) this loan won't be available come July, but hopefully there will be more!
No comments:
Post a Comment