Hm... You know my life has gotten boring when all I ever have to talk about is Kiva. :)
So today I made my Kiva loan for September. This one went to a Teth Sopheap in Cambodia who does a little bit of everything. She raises ducks and sells their eggs, raises pigs for slaughter, and cultivates rice crops during the summer. She has a husband who is a motorcycle mechanic and five children, many of whom work for the local water company. Even with all of the work her children and husband do, it still does not bring in enough money to support all of them.

Cambodia is one of the ten poorest countries in the world. Most people there live very much like Teth does in that they work for themselves on multiple different projects to bring in income for their family. This is why I chose to lend to Cambodia this month. They are hard working people, yet still struggle to meet the basic needs that many take for granted. Obtaining an education is nearly impossible for most and rising above poverty is even more difficult.
No comments:
Post a Comment