Wednesday, November 11, 2009

November Kiva Loan

I had been waiting to do November's Kiva loan until I had time to go through and choose one that had a particular draw to it, but then I got email from Kiva about a man who has a stay at home wife who raises his two children. He is requesting a loan for $250 so that he could afford winter clothes for his children. They had grown too much over the summer and he fears they will get sick if they do not have pants and jackets that fit them.

How sad is it that honest, working people can't afford to clothe their children...

Mario Alejandro Meza Nevares - Acuna, Mexico

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,

    My name is Matt Lambert and I'm a graduate student with the sustainability team at SJSU. As part of our monthly lecture series "Sustainability Matters" we are having a December 8th lecture on sustainable economics, consumerism, and integrated waste management. As part of this event we are looking to have a few tables set up with organizations that can provide an alternative to over-consumption while promoting sustainable economics during the hoolidays. We would like to have Kiva represented at our conference. Please contact me as soon as you can.

    Thanks,
    Matt Lambert
    sjsusustainability@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,

    One thing... =]
    Your kindness is refreshing in this world.

    ~Matthew R. Garish

    ReplyDelete