While exploring wine country over the summer, I ventured into a little photography studio in Sonoma which turned out to be the highlight of my trip (beside the Roche Chardonnay I discovered, of course). Lisa Kristine has made a life for herself by traveling the world and taking the most amazing photographs. I had seen her work before, but only in small doses. Walking into this studio was a much more enveloping experience. I was surrounded on all sides by huge, vibrantly colored images of people and places that I cannot wait to see for myself. She does an amazing job of capturing an image, or a lifestyle which many of us have yet to see, and will probably never fully experience or understand: yet in that image my heart is there... or very badly wants to be there. I love her work, I think she is amazing. So next time you're in Sonoma (or Santa Fe, or Sausalito) check out her gallery (The website is cool... but doesn't compare to being there...).
No comments:
Post a Comment