Mail Preference Service
Direct Marketing Association
PO Box 643
Carmel, NY 15012-0643
Be sure to include your mailing address in the body of the letter. It will take up to six months to be completely removed from all of the lists held by this company (over 75% of the market share...) so be patient... but like mom always said: 'patience is a virtue'.
And for those of you renters... When you fill out your change of address with the post office, DMA will follow you to your new address. It may take some time for them to get their systems updated, but rest assured; your request will be honored.
This is a great idea! Everyday when I get the mail I see a trash can next to the boxes full of junk mail. Not only is it a waste of paper since we all throw them away, but there is no recycling where I live, so all that recyclable paper is headed to a land fill somewhere. I'd be happy not to get junk mail anymore...I mean with a name like "junk mail" why would we NEED it?!
ReplyDelete